Share |

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My Investment Return 2008 - Part 2 - 401K

In this little series of article I'd like to take the opportunity to review the investment return of my portfolios.

In part 1 I mentioned my disappointing return on my supposedly "safe" index fund.  The next portfoio I'd like to look at is my 401K account.  

401K
So I guess it is better to diversify my mutual fund.  So to make sure I am well covered, I tried to pick mutul funds in different category for my 401K - Social Responsibility, Large Growth, Global Stock, Mid-Cap, Equity-Income, Small Cap and Bond.  So I guess I am well covered?  Well, except the Bond fund which is a winner with "only" 1.25% loss, all others have lost at least 25%.  And the worst one is the mid-cap with a 43% loss!!  Wait a minute.  Why am I paying someone money to manage my account and lost tons of money?Aren't they suppose to be professionals?  Well, I guess I have to look at the bright side that at least I didn't lose all my money in the Ponzi scheme.  So hopefully by keep putting in money every money I would be able to break even within a year or 2. 
Overall Return 2008: -30%

Next One Coming Up - IRA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home