Share |

Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Investment Return In 2008 - Part 1

The year 2008 is the one that many people like to forget - especially the investors.  Because no matter what kind of investor you are: aggressive, conservative, fundamental, technical, diversify, index-only... etc., you probably lost tons of money during the equity market tsunami.  If you did end up making money this year, a standing ovation to you.  Or if you did listen to Mr. Crammer's "get out of stock" warning and lost very little money, lucky you.

So as a stock blogger, how did I do?  Like many financially sensitive middle working class, I have couple of places to invest the equity markets - IRA, Roth IRA, 401K and Stock.  And here are the returns of my investment in these accounts

Roth IRA
I heard people say the best and safetest long term investment is to invest in index.  So all my money in Roth IRA is in the S&P 500 index fund.   A safe investment?  At least not for 2008.  Not only the return was so bad that it wiped out all the gains for 5 years, I actually got negative return on this account since I opened the account back in 2002.
Return 2008: -33.45%

Next One Coming Up - 401K

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home